World2Cover AwardsAustralian travellers need quality travel insurance. Learn how you could choose a Multiple Awarded World2Cover travel insurance product.
Who is Canstar?
Canstar is a leading research agency and Australia’s biggest financial comparison site. Canstar’s purpose is to simplify the world of finance and help consumers confidently find the right product for them. Since 1992, Canstar, a privately-owned financial research agency is rating financial product and services in Australia, comparing a total of 820 brands across more than 30 different finance categories.
How does Canstar compare Travel Insurance?
Each year, Canstar compares all the travel insurance brands listing on their website taking into consideration features and price. In 2022, Canstar compared 50 travel insurance providers in Australia, assessed across 60 profiles based on five demographic profiles, and announced 9 award winners.
World2Cover won 1 of those 9 awards in 2022 for Outstanding Value International Travel Insurance. Since 2016, Canstar have recognised each and every year up to 2019 and then in 2022, the work that the World2Cover team have put together in providing one of the best products in the market at the right price. Canstar were not able to assess any travel insurance provider in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 outbreak and a lot of travel providers either stepped out of the industry or stopped selling which was not the case for World2Cover.
Canstar's Travel Insurance Star Ratings and Awards use a sophisticated methodology, unique to Canstar, that compares travel insurance products offered to Australians travelling domestically or overseas. Canstar methodology compares Single, Couple, Families, Mature and Seniors covers, for different travel duration across 60 consumer profiles based on five consumer profiles, ten destination regions, and cruise (which has its own cruise-specific destination countries).
Canstar methodology takes into consideration cost and features across travel insurance products in a 50%/50% share. Canstar’s Travel Insurance Star Ratings represent a shortlist of products, enabling consumers to narrow their search to products that have been assessed and ranked. Ratings range from five to one star. Five-star rated products have been assessed as offering outstanding value to consumers.
World2Cover has won 5-stars 4 years in a row from 2016 to 2019 and also in 2022 for International Travel Insurance. World2Cover also won 5-stars for Seniors Travel Insurance 2 years in a row, based on what is the most important for Australian traveller’s:
- Overseas medical and hospital cover (international destinations only)
- Repatriation and evacuation services (international destinations only)
- Luggage and personal effects
- Cancellation fees and loss of deposit
How to be eligible in Canstar comparison panel?
For a travel insurance provider to be eligible for the overall awards, a policy must meet the following requirements:
- $1 million overseas medical and hospital cover per traveller (international destination only)
- Coverage of repatriation and evacuation services (international destinations only)
- Coverage of luggage and personal effects
- Coverage of cancellation fees and loss of deposit
- For comparison purposes, a quote is available:
- Directly from the provider or online
- For each profile considered
- New providers must have been in the market for at least 12 months
- A policy must provide some level of cover for COVID-19 to achieve a 5-star rating.
Which Canstar Awards has World2Cover won since 2016?
World2Cover travel insurance is proud to have consistently won 5-star Canstar Awards each year since its creation in 2016 up to 2019 and in 2022. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Canstar did not review any travel insurance brands between 2020 and 2021.
World2Cover has excelled in the past in each category rated by Canstar from International to Domestic, including Cruise and Seniors travel insurance reaching the highest level of Outstanding Value. World2Cover has consistently won Canstar Award on the most competitive product in the market : International Single Trip Travel Insurance.
- International Travel Insurance 2022
- International Travel Insurance 2016-2019
- Senior Travel Insurance 2017-2019
- Domestic Travel Insurance 2016-2018
- Cruise Travel Insurance 2017-2018