World2Cover is an award-winning online travel insurance provider based on three core principles:
- delivering a great product at a price you can afford
- working with transparency and flexibility
- providing exceptional customer service.
Our objective is simple: to provide you with peace of mind when travelling. Whether you are travelling to the other side of the world or around Australia, we strive to give you the best experience you could ever imagine. From the moment you search for travel insurance up until you buy your policy or need to lodge a claim, we make the online process as seamless as possible.
We are proud to offer our services 24 hours/7 days for online sales and via phone for overseas medical emergency assistance. We are also available 7 days a week over the phone for sales, service, and claims. Our experts at our call centre, claims department and overseas medical emergency assistance teams have your back.
You reckon that’s something you’re interested in?
As a travel insurance company, we think it’s very important to remember and acknowledge our roots and where we originated. World2Cover is part of Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd, which was founded in 1879 during the Meiji era in Japan. The idea is based on the Japanese spirit of Omotenashi: a spirit that endeavors to give back to the community.
Based in Sydney and Melbourne, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd opened its door in the land of Oz in 1963. Over 150 employees work in our Australian branch, including in Sales and our Claims Call Centre.
Flash forward to today, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd has an extensive reach around the world. With over 40,000 employees in 45 countries, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd prides itself on being one of the top ranking non-life insurance companies worldwide.
Our goal of being a good company is based on three pillars: looking beyond profit, empowering people, and delivering on commitments. People over profit is core to our values. People are the backbone of our industry, and as such, they deserve to be treated with the utmost respect.
- Domestic and International Cover
- Single Trip and Annual Multi trip
- Three level of international cover to meet your budget and needs:
- Top Cover
- Essentials Package
- Basics Cover
- Automatically included in your travel insurance policy:
- 21 days cooling off period to change your mind
- 10% discount for second traveller (youngest one)
- Children and Grandchildren cover for free up to 25 years old@
- 38 pre-existing medical conditions cover in standard*
- Most amateur sporting and adventure activities covered at no extra cost&
- Optional additions to customize your travel insurance policy:
- Reduce Excess from $100 to $0
- Winter sports and Ski cover
- Cruise cover
- Online pre-existing medical screening
- Online claims process:
- Guarantee response no more than 10 business days from completed application
- Based in Australia to better understand you
- Canstar Outstanding Value Award for
- International Travel Insurance (2016. 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Seniors Travel Insurance (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Domestic Travel Insurance (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Cruise Travel Insurance (2017, 2018)
- Travel Insurer of the Year (2018, 2019)
- Exceptional Value Basic Travel Insurance (2018)
- Exceptional Value Comprehensive Travel Insurance (2018)
- Exceptional Value Annual Travel Insurance (2018)
- Exceptional Value Cruise Travel Insurance (2018)
- Exceptional Value Ski Travel Insurance (2018)
- Exceptional Quality Travel Insurance (2018)
- Exceptional Quality Annual Travel Insurance (2018)
* For international cover only
^Conditions and exclusions apply. Please read the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide (including Policy Wording) for more information under the heading General Exclusions.
& Policy criteria and conditions apply
Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co Ltd (ABN 80 000 438 291 AFSL 246 548) is the issuer of World2Cover Travel Insurance. The 'World2Cover Travel Insurance - Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement' (PDS) which includes the policy wording, is available here. Any financial advice set out above is general in nature only, and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this, you should, before acting on the advice, consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regards to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold the policies.